Health and Child Development Services
Children’s healthy development is vital for their learning and wellbeing and lays the foundation for a happy and healthy life. Families have access to a range of SA Health services and programs through Children’s Centres including:
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Kudos (NDIS ECEI Partner)
- Carer Support
- Health promotion materials and activities on dental health, healthy eating and physical activity and health, child development and parenting information.
- Child and Family Health Services, such as maternal health nurses and 4 year old health checks for Preschool and New Parenting Program.
- Primary Health Care Services, such as speech pathology, occupational therapy and nutrition groups, young mother’s groups, fatherhood programs and Aboriginal health programs.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, including therapy for children and parents and The Incredible Years program.
- Allied Health Program: In some Children’s Centres occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other allied health staff provide an allied health program to build the skills and knowledge of staff and parents to support children’s development. Activities include:
- developmental screening
- staff development sessions
- parent consultation
- parent and child group programs
- short term intervention for children
Health services and programs
Muna Paiendi Aboriginal Ear Health Checks is a free comprehensive program of culturally sensitive services across Adelaide’s northern area. Contact 8182 9206 for more information.
SA Dental Oral Health Services provides a range of dental services for all children under 18 years and eligible adults at clinics throughout South Australia.
The Northern Area Midwifery Group Practice (NAMGP) is community based offering one to one midwifery care and birthing options during pregnancy. Contact group practice at 8182 9000 for more information.
The Child and Family Health Service (CAFHS) Clinic, provide 4 year old health checks for Preschool and New Parenting Programs and can help you throughout the early years by providing health checks as your baby grows and help you deal with any concerns. For more information about all services and to make an appointment please call 1300 733 606.
Health Education Programs provide range of programs offered periodically at the centre including Cheap Easy Eats, Wise Moves, Child First Aid, Accident Prevention and Lift the Lip.
Autism SA Early Intervention Therapy Services provides therapy and education services to children under 6 years of age. For further information contact Early Intervention and clinic Services on 8379 6976 or visit www.autismsa.org.au